What You Should Know About COVID-19
Documents all attorneys should be familiar with:
- Alameda County Order (March 16th, and extended to May 3 here)
- Governor’s Stay at Home Order (and the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers List – see p. 11 for provisions relating to the law)
- Court orders: Chief Justices’ Orders (Alameda County Emergency Order and the order suspending statewide jury trials) and check the Alameda County Superior Court Covid-19 page, updated regularly.
- Judicial Council’s order re time for arraignment.
Documents all attorneys who run their own practices or firms should review:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (Also helpful: Overview Employer Paid Leave Requirements and Tax Credit Provisions and US Department of Labor FAQs)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES)
- Eviction Moratorium– Governor’s order
- Rent Moratorium – Oakland order