Impaired Colleague? Addressing Attorney Competency, the Warning Signs, and Getting Help
Intro to Mindfulness and the Law
New events are added regularly. Visit the ACBA calendar for more upcoming ACBA events. To view past programming on demand, please visit acbanet.prolearn.io/home.
Be well, do well
Here at the ACBA, we know first-hand that the legal profession can be draining, and that work/life balance is crucial for a successful sustained career. Our new Wellness Section focuses on bringing you events and resources that bring a holistic approach to our lives as lawyers.
Membership in the Section is free to all ACBA members! Look for our Wellness Wednesday posts on the ACBA Facebook page, check our webpage for the latest articles and resources, and upcoming events. If you are interested in getting involved, contact email@example.com.
Wellness Section Executive Committee Members Needed
By joining a section executive committee you plan MCLE programs, networking events, and other activities throughout the year.
Interested? Questions? Contact Deputy Director Hadassah Hayashi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACBA is committed to sharing resources available to the legal community to treat the whole individual. The legal profession can be brutal, and a work/life balance is crucial for a successful sustained career. Please check out the resources below that we’ve compiled.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
- Watch the CA State Bar video series “Lawyer Assistance Program Experience.” and part two
- The Lawyer Assistance Program provides confidential rehabilitation support for attorneys dealing with substance abuse or mental illness. Professional help is also available to attorneys suffering from stress, burnout, depression or chemical dependency. Call 877-LAP 4 HELP (877-527-4435).
- Self-Assessment tests:
- Wellness Guide for Senior Lawyers and their Families, Friends and Colleagues.
- Lawyer’s LifeRing www.lifering.org
- The Other Bar www.otherbar.org
- Well-Being Toolkit for Lawyers and Legal Employers
- Survival Skill No. 1 for Lawyers: Emotional Resilience
- Well-Being Template for Legal Employers
- The AABA has a great list of wellness resources
Did you know you can create and send posts to your section community directly from your email inbox? With our Groupvine platform, you can communicate with your section about new updates in your practice area, questions about your practice, changes in laws, discussion about past MCLE programs, and more! Learn more
Bay Area Legal Aid
1735 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612
Frudden & Padilla Family Law
1939 Harrison Street, Suite 120
Grover Workplace Solutions
1300 Clay St Ste 600
Oakland, CA 94612-1427
Family Law Advocates Group, PC
66 Franklin St, Ste 300
Oakland, CA 94607-3734
Q. Chen Law
32108 Alvardo Blvd, #209
Union City, CA 94587