Join the ACBA
For our 1,500 members, membership in the Alameda County Bar Association brings educational opportunities, networking events, professional development, and a chance to lead and shape the legal community in Alameda County. We have free CLE programs and benefits that apply to a range of legal professionals, from judges and attorneys, to paralegals and law students.
By joining any of our twelve practice area sections, members have invitations to social networking events, plus the opportunity to make their voices and opinions heard.
We listened to you, and we’ve made some major changes. We are excited to introduce you to the ACBA member benefits, including free CLE and free legal research.
Find out what membership can do for you.
SOCIALIZE with attorneys and judges at annual receptions and smaller section socials.
BECOME A LEADER by joining a section you have the opportunity to serve on the Executive Committee and plan MCLE programs, networking events, and other activities throughout the year.
KEEP CURRENT AND CONNECTED with our monthly e-newsletter, a weekly MCLE digest, email blasts and yearly magazine A Year in Review.
STAY SHARP with quality free CLE in a variety of practice areas, or share your knowledge as a speaker.
GAIN EXPERIENCE while serving the community by volunteering with Legal Access Alameda (formerly VLSC).
GROW YOUR PRACTICE and your credibility through the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), Criminal Court Appointed Attorney Program (CAAP), and gain exposure by being listed on our Online Membership Directory.
ENJOY EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS on professional resources, including insurance, financial planning, and other services to help busy legal professionals succeed!
- Autorenewal – Manage your bar membership just like your Netflix subscription. Sign up for annual autorenewal and you will receive a notice at least 15 days in advance of your automatic renewal. You can sign-up or un-enroll at any time through your member portal.
- Installment Option – Pay dues in monthly installments. We understand lump payments can be tough to carry on tight budgets! Contact Hadassah Hayashi to learn more or to take advantage. Payment Plan Form
- Sustaining Member – For $500 (in addition to your regular dues) you get:
• Sponsorship of one MCLE program – your name and company logo listed as sponsor on opening page and thank you recognition announcement at beginning of program.
• Member Interview or article in one e-newsletter (meet our members section) cross posted on our blog
• Name and company recognition on new sustaining member webpage with live link back to your website
• Optional add on only available through this sponsorship: Gift all the benefits of ACBA membership to a friend at a fraction of the cost. Pay for a friend to join the ACBA at 50% off!
Available only to ACBA members. For more info contact email@example.com.
There are two ways to join:
- Join online using your credit/debit card.
- Call the Membership Assistant at (510) 302-2201 and join using your credit card over the phone.
The Alameda County Bar Association is proud to honor the relationships we’ve built over the years with our fellow local bar associations, and to promote further collaboration, we’re partnering with the following organizations to offer a discount. The ACBA will offer a 50% discount* on new ACBA membership to the following organizations:
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- Asian American Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- California Association of Black Lawyers
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- Filipino Bar Association of Northern California
- South Asian Bar Association
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California
- Women Lawyers of Alameda County
- East Bay La Raza
- Alameda Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- East Alameda County Bar Association
- Alameda County Family Law Attorneys
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers
*Must not have been an ACBA member in the last 3 years
New members: Create your account online here, and select partner bar membership at checkout.
Former members: Contact the ACBA Membership Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alameda County Bar Association is proud of the relationships it has built with law firms throughout the county.