Open Nominations for Executive Committee Seats
Why serve on a Section Executive Committee?
- Influence the way law is practiced in our community by liaising with the court, bench, and other legal community leaders.
- Solidify your reputation as a valuable leader by providing oversight and support to Section members. The Section acts as a forum to share knowledge, education, and expertise.
- Broaden connections and round out your resume. Leadership roles attract accomplished, interesting people. Such expertise often sharpens your business acumen.
- Build valuable relationships and boardroom credibility, which serves as a great stepping stone to reach professional goals.
If you are interested, you may nominate yourself or someone else. Nominations must be submitted to the Deputy Director, Hadassah Hayashi, by September 30, 2019. Nominations should be accompanied by a statement explaining why the nominee would make a good committee member (not to exceed 200 words).
- Act as an ambassador of the ACBA, Section, and to the legal community at large.
- Attend regularly scheduled monthly Section Executive Committee meetings with your colleagues.
- Organize, attend, and promote Section MCLE programs, networking events, and section-specific information updates.
- Become knowledgeable about the Section, ACBA Bylaws, programs, and activities.
The Executive Committee is comprised of nine Section members who are elected for two-year terms, half of which begin in alternate years. There are generally 4-5 openings each year.
To be eligible as an Executive Committee member, nominees must be a member in good standing of the Alameda County Bar Association and a member of the Section. If there are more nominations than available positions, an election will be held in October.
To become an ACBA member or join a section, please submit applications online or contact the Membership Assistant at (510) 302-2201. For more information about the Sections of the Alameda County Bar Association, please visit our website at https://www.acbanet.org/sections/.