What you can do today to help separated immigrant families
Confused about the new executive order? Check out this NPR story
Contact your representatives
Don’t underestimate the power of pressuring your elected representatives. The President has signed an executive order . Refinery 29 has an easy pre-populated widget for contacting your representatives here
Attorneys, Paralegals, Law Students! If you speak Spanish & can aid detained parents & children in Texas (6 day stint), contact CARA Family Detention Project! If you don’t speak Spanish, but can find an interpreter-partner that will help too. We’re considering putting together a team to go down if there is interest and seems appropriate, please email email@example.com. Learn more
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- The Florence Project
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- Center for Gender and Refugee Studies at UC Hastings
- Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
- Al Otro Lado
- Family Reunification and Bond Fund. Donate here.
- American Civil Liberties Union You can donate here.
- Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights You can donate here.
PLI has a bunch of immigration trainings, including one on June 7th titled, Family Separation and Family Detention at the Border: Immigration Update