The Alameda County Bar Association, in conjunction with our colleagues at the Contra Costa Bar, invite you to visit Cuba, and learn about the legal community there! You may find the brochure here and the registration form here. We have a limited number of spaces.
Trip Dates for this unique visit are Saturday February 18 through Friday February 24, 2017.
We will be traveling under the auspices of Cuba Cultural Travel, an organization that has specialized in travel to Cuba since 1998. Other bar associations have traveled with them and have spoken highly of them. Our journey will take us to Havana, the capital of the country and its commercial and cultural center since colonial times. You will experience the wonderful rustic charm of a city that has remained largely unchanged for over 50 years. You will meet the Cuban people and learn about daily life in this amazing, complex city.
During our stay, we will be hosted by a variety of local scholars, attorneys and artists who will offer in-depth commentary on the Cuban legal system, art, history, architecture, and religion.
This trip will not only bring us together with the people of Cuba, but will enable us to develop friendships and a new understanding of the rich and varied cultural fabric of this unique island nation. A true people-to-people exchange!
Our private journey (space is limited) includes the following:*
- Thought provoking lectures by renowned intellectuals, scholars and legal experts. NOTE: Many of our lectures will qualify for MCLE credit
- Private performances and reception by prominent dance companies and musicians
- Exploration of the fascinating neighborhoods of Havana in the company of an architect and historian
- Day trip to the stunning Viñales Valley known for the finest tobacco produced in the world
Please contact Dani Perez (email@example.com) for any logistical questions, programming requests, or substantive areas of law you may be interested in exploring further during our visit to Cuba. The program can be adapted to the interests of those participating in this exclusive journey.
We will ask for a deposit to hold your place(s) to be received by October 21, 2016. Following receipt of your reservation form and deposit, further information regarding travel arrangements and a detailed itinerary will be provided to each traveler.
* Please note that the quoted trip cost does not include airfare to/from Cuba. New commercial airfare routes into Havana from the West Coast will be announced soon. We anticipate fares being around $700 round trip and attendees may be eligible to use frequent flier miles as commercial airlines in the United States are awarded new direct routes to Cuba. Information about flights will be sent to you as soon as it is available.