Are you too busy to keep up with the latest headlines?
We’ve compiled a short list of interesting legal-related news articles from the past week to read at your leisure.
- Do you know what a hat lap cheater is? We didn’t until this article: How can you tell if someone is lying? Lawyer exposes ‘hat lap cheater’ and can’t-remember cops
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence discussed his law school experience: Trump’s VP pick practiced law at a small firm; he wouldn’t wish law school ‘on a dog I didn’t like’
- An the latest appointment to the San Francisco Superior Court bench, ACBA member Roger Chan! Judicial Spotlight: Roger Chan
- Are you a new attorney who is not yet decided on what area of law you want to settle into? Or are you considering a new practice area? Introducing ACBA Introduction to Practice Area Series
- From ACBA Leadership Firm GJEL Fresno: Are Pokemon Go’s creators potentially liable for injuries caused by inattentive game players?
- New research shows that a lack of access to legal aid is behind vets losing their homes and getting access to important benefits: One reason so many veterans are homeless? They can’t afford lawyers.
- Congrats Morrison & Forrester! These 10 law firms are ranked the most family-friendly
What did we miss? What are you reading this week?
Interested in learning more about the Alameda County Bar Association? Check us out online at: https://www.acbanet.org/.