The ACBA Barristers Section is proud to announce that the 12th Annual Barristers Golf Classic will be held on Friday, August 12, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Monarch Bay Golf Course in San Leandro. The Tournament will be followed by an awards presentation with appetizers and cocktails.
The Barristers Golf Classic supports the education, mentoring and professional development of new attorneys in Alameda County.
Whether you’re a new golfer wanting to spend an afternoon networking with other attorneys and judges, or an experienced golfer hoping to see your name engraved on the President’s Cup, you’re welcome at the ACBA Barristers Golf Classic!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
5) We’re switching things up this year by eating a boxed lunch together before the tournament – no more playing on an empty stomach!
4) Less experienced golfers will benefit from the tournament’s scramble format – each player tees off, the best shot is selected, then all players play from that selected position. The team plays as if it is one player, throwing out most of the hooks, slices, shanks, whiffs, and other vexing shots.
3) Our signature “Putt with a Gavel” competition. Part ridiculous, part skill, participants always look forward to putting with our specially made putter that has a gavel on one end!
2) Mulligans (or do-overs) for only $20! All Mulligans proceeds are donated to VLSC, our pro bono arm, to provide free legal services to low-income people in our community.
1) An opportunity to network with lawyers and judges outside on a beautiful course. Why spend the day stuck behind a desk when you could be building your professional network on the green?
For more information, and to register, please visit: https://www.acbanet.org/Calendar/Signup.aspx?EventNo=2870