At the February ACBA Staff meeting we played a short game to educate staff about the proper use of the three bins in the ACBA office: trash (black bin), recycle (blue bin), and compost (green bin). Are you confused, like the majority of our staff, or are you a separating master? Take our quiz to find out.
Are you ready for the answer key?
- Trash (or squirt the mustard in the green bin and the wrapper in the trash)
- Breakdown and recycle
- Take to your local grocery to recycle (otherwise, trash)
- Compost – if you read the cup, it says compost right on it!
- Recycle – try to get as much of the gunk off as you can
- Rinse and Recycle
- Cheese can go in the compost, but we wouldn’t blame you if you put the whole gross thing in the trash!
- Container can be composted and the cap can be recycled
- Trash – bubble wrap can’t be recycled
- Compost the cup and recycle the lid
For more information on “what goes where” in Alameda County, check out: http://www.alamedacountyindustries.com/alameda/residential-containers.html