Robert Chang went to Thomas Jefferson School of Law, and has been practicing since 2011. He is currently an Associate Attorney at Kostopoulos Law Group, P.C. and practices primarily Bankruptcy Law. Robert is licensed to practice in the Northern District of California, and has filed Chapter 7 and 13 cases in the counties of Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, and San Mateo. Robert has been volunteering with VLSC since 2011, and recently attended VLSC trainings in both Family Law and Assisting Low-Income Landlords.
We asked him to tell us a little bit about himself and why he volunteers.
1. Why do you volunteer with VLSC?
The clients are always so thankful, and it’s interesting learning new types of law.
2. Do you have a particularly memorable VLSC client or pro bono case?
My favorite and most positive experience was when I volunteered for an unlawful detainer case, and after a settlement conference, the client told me that I was her guardian angel. I felt fuzzy for days.
3. What other community activities are you involved in?
I tried picking up running, and signed up for a meetup run group. It was not motivating.
4. What are you listening to on your iPod now?
Japanadroids – it reminds me of the 90’s.
5. What is one thing that you wished our donors/supporters knew about VLSC?
They put on great CLE programs, and are very supportive of new lawyers.