The Criminal Court Appointed Attorneys Program (CAAP) administers the conflicts program for the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda. Through this program, qualified attorneys represent indigent criminal defendants whenever the public defender is restrained by a conflict of interest.
The program maintains a panel of more than 140 qualified, private attorneys who provide professional and competent representation for those entitled to court appointed attorneys.
CAAP is committed to the promotion of justice and high standards of professionalism, competency, diligence, and integrity among members of the criminal defense bar in Alameda County.
Are you an experienced criminal defense attorney and interested in joining our panel to represent indigent clients charged with serious felonies up to and including death?
We plan to start accepting new applications in the Fall. New panel applications and applications for class promotion for consideration for the 2018 CAAP Panel should be submitted by September 11, 2017 by 5pm. Please contact Andrea Zambrana, CAAP Director, at (510) 302-2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Increase in Hourly Rate!
CAAP is pleased to announce that it has raised the hourly rate it pays panel attorneys. In hopes of better keeping up with the cost of living and surrounding counties, we will continue to raise rates for the next three years. Below is a chart of the rate increase that went into effect August 1, 2017 and the rate increases we anticipate making in the coming years.
|Class Type||Old Rate||August 1, 2017-June 30, 2018||July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019||July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020|
|1B, 1PV & 1J||100||105||110||115|
|2, 2PV & 2J||90||95||100||105|
|3, 3PVs, PRCS & 3J||85||88||91||98|
|4, 4PV & 4J||75||77||79||80|
|5, 5PV & 5J||70||72||74||75|
Log into the CAAP online billing system by clicking here
- Fee Schedule
- Misdemeanor Appeals Compensation Guidelines
- Rules and Regulations Governing the Criminal Court Appointed Attorneys Program
- Rules for Investigators
- CAAP Application all Panels
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services – Confidential Consent
- Case Control Form
- Certification of Counsel Record
- Collaborative Justice Juvenile Court Intake Referral Form
- Consent for Release of Confidential Mental Health Information to the Collaborative Court
- Declaration of Eligibility
- Expense Request and Authorization–INVESTIGATION
- Expense Request and Authorization–OTHER ANCILLARY PROVIDERS
- Immigration Consultation Authorization
- Immigration Questionnaire
- CAAP Social Worker Referral Form
- Notice Unavailability
- State of California DOJ Request for Record Transcript
- 1538.5 Motion Request Form
- Request for school records
- Authorization release school records
- Request For Interpreter Services
- Alameda County Collaborative Court – Information Sheet for Youth and Families
- Investigators List
- Interpreters/Transcribers List
- Experts List
VIDEO: Click here to watch a brief instructional video on how to complete fee declarations.