The Criminal Court Appointed Attorneys Program (CAAP) administers the conflicts program for the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda. Through this program, qualified attorneys represent indigent criminal defendants whenever the public defender is restrained by a conflict of interest.
The program maintains a panel of more than 140 qualified, private attorneys who provide professional and competent representation for those entitled to court appointed attorneys.
CAAP is committed to the promotion of justice and high standards of professionalism, competency, diligence, and integrity among members of the criminal defense bar in Alameda County.
Are you an experienced criminal defense attorney and interested in joining our panel to represent indigent clients charged with serious felonies up to and including death?
We plan to start accepting new applications in the Fall. New panel applications and applications for class promotion for consideration for the 2017 CAAP Panel should be submitted by October 3rd, 2016. Please contact Andrea Zambrana, CAAP Director, at (510) 302-2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Log into the CAAP online billing system by clicking here
- Fee Schedule
- Misdemeanor Appeals Compensation Guidelines
- Rules and Regulations Governing the Criminal Court Appointed Attorneys Program
- Rules for Investigators
- CAAP Application all Panels
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services – Confidential Consent
- Case Control Form
- Certification of Counsel Record
- Collaborative Justice Juvenile Court Intake Referral Form
- Consent for Release of Confidential Mental Health Information to the Collaborative Court
- Declaration of Eligibility
- Expense Request and Authorization–INVESTIGATION
- Expense Request and Authorization–OTHER ANCILLARY PROVIDERS
- Immigration Consultation Authorization
- Immigration Questionnaire
- Notice of Unavailability
- State of California DOJ Request for Record Transcript
- 1538.5 Motion Request Form
- CAAP Social Worker Referral Form
- Request for school records
- Authorization release school records
- Alameda County Collaborative Court – Information Sheet for Youth and Families
- Experts List
- Interpreters/Transcribers List
- Investigators List for website
VIDEO: Click here to watch a brief instructional video on how to complete fee declarations.