The Criminal Court Appointed Attorneys Program (CAAP) administers the conflicts program for the County of Alameda
Through this program, qualified attorneys represent indigent criminal defendants or minors whenever the public defender is restrained by a conflict of interest. The program maintains a panel of more than 100 qualified, private attorneys who provide professional and excellent representation for those entitled to court appointed attorneys.
CAAP is committed to the promotion of justice and high standards of professionalism, competency, diligence, and integrity among members of the criminal defense bar in Alameda County.
Are you an experienced criminal defense attorney and interested in joining our panel to represent indigent clients?
We are currently accepting new panel application for the 2018 panel. The application process takes approximately two months and will include us contacting your references and an interview with the CAAP Director, but priority will be given to attorneys who can handle juvenile delinquency and special circumstance cases. If you are interested in applying or would like more information about our Program, please contact Andrea Zambrana CAAP Director at 510.302.2202 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Brooks CAAP Administrator at 510.302.2204 or email@example.com.
The application can be found here.
Increase in Hourly Rate!
CAAP is pleased to announce that it has raised the hourly rate it pays panel attorneys. In hopes of better keeping up with the cost of living and surrounding counties, we will continue to raise rates for the next three years. Below is a chart of the rate increase that went into effect August 1, 2017 and the rate increases we anticipate making in the coming years.
|Class Type||Old Rate||August 1, 2017-June 30, 2018||July 1, 2018-June 30, 2019||July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020|
|1B, 1PV & 1J||100||105||110||115|
|2, 2PV & 2J||90||95||100||105|
|3, 3PVs, PRCS & 3J||85||88||91||98|
|4, 4PV & 4J||75||77||79||80|
|5, 5PV & 5J||70||72||74||75|
Effective January 16, 2018, the new CAAP web-based billing system is up and running. This system may be accessed by CAAP panel attorneys only. To access the system, panel attorneys should follow the log-in information they were sent via email.
- CAAP Application all Panels
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services – Confidential Consent
- Case Control Form
- Certification of Counsel Record
- Collaborative Justice Juvenile Court Intake Referral Form
- Consent for Release of Confidential Mental Health Information to the Collaborative Court
- Declaration of Eligibility
- Investigation Request Form-short form
- Investigation Request Form-long form
- Expense Request and Authorization–OTHER ANCILLARY PROVIDERS
- Immigration Questionnaire
- CAAP Social Worker Referral Form
- Notice Unavailability
- State of California DOJ Request for Record Transcript
- 1538.5 Motion Request Form
- Request for school records
- Authorization release school records
- Request For Interpreter Services
- Rules for Investigators
- Compensation Guidelines – Misdemeanor Appeals
- Substitution of Counsel Form Juvenile 602
- Alameda County Collaborative Court – Information Sheet for Youth and Families
- Investigators List
- Experts List
VIDEO: Click here to watch a brief instructional video on how to complete fee declarations.