ACBA and VLSC are proud to be a founding member of the Bay Area Resilience Collaborative (BARC)
FREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA FIRE SURVIVORS
Our coalition of private and public legal organizations have created a hotline in an effort to provide legal aide to fire victims across the state.
The hotline number is 415-575-3120.
Callers can also leave a message. Spanish and Chinese language attorneys will be available.
- Landlord tenant legal issues
- Life, medical and property insurance issues
- Emergency aid applications (FEMA)
- Home repair contracts
- Mortgage foreclosure issues
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents
Read the press release here.
Bay Area Resilience Colaborative
Who is the Bay Area Resilience Collaborative (BARC)?
BARC is a group of representatives from the entities below that have developed a regional coordination plan for the provision of legal services in the aftermath of a major disaster in the San Francisco Bay Area:
- Alameda County Bar Association and Volunteer Legal Services Corporation – The ACBA is a community of lawyers who live or practice in Alameda County and who are committed to excellence in the profession and facilitating equal access to justice. VLSC provides free legal assistance to low-income communities in a variety of areas, as well as running a legal incubator to help new attorneys open community-based practices.
- Bar Association of San Francisco’s SF-Marin Lawyer Referral and Information Service and the Justice & Diversity Center – BASF provides San Francisco legal professionals with networking and pro bono opportunities to better serve the community. The SF-Marin LRIS is a State Bar of California certified lawyer referral service program providing experienced, insured attorneys for consultation and case representation and community legal resources information to the public. The Justice & Diversity Center advances fairness and equality by providing pro bono legal services to low-income people, and educational programs that foster diversity in the legal
- Bay Area Legal Aid – BayLegal ensures fairness in the civil justice system for the most vulnerable members of the community. From Silicon Valley to Napa Valley, clients receive help to protect their livelihoods, their health, and their families.
- Legal Aid Association of California – LAAC is the statewide membership organization for almost 100 legal nonprofits. LAAC advocates for more funding and better laws for legal nonprofits, facilitates communication and coordination between organizations, trains in core substantive areas, analyzes best practices, and works to increase access to justice for all Californians.
- Pro Bono Net – Pro Bono Net is a nonprofit leader in developing innovative technology and forging collaborations that enable legal advocates to make a stronger impact, increase volunteer participation and empower the public with legal resources and self-help tools.
- State Bar of California – The State Bar of California’s mission is to protect the public and includes the primary functions of licensing, regulation and discipline of attorneys; the advancement of the ethical and competent practice of law; and support of efforts for greater access to, and inclusion in, the legal system.