Thank you for your help and support!
Thank you to everyone who attended, sponsored, donated to our silent auction, and brought friends and colleagues to this memorable event in Oakland on May 31, 2012. With your help, this year, we honored 21 award recipients, and showcased the extraordinary efforts of our volunteers to provide pro bono services in Alameda County.
Your contributions make a big difference in the lives of Alameda County’s low-income population, who would not have access to legal services without your support. In 2011, 417 VLSC volunteers provided more than 3,000 hours of pro bono legal service through pro per assistance clinics and pro bono case referrals—the equivalent of over $950,000 worth of legal services. More than 1,100 low-income people in Alameda County received legal assistance through VLSC last year.
To view the event photos on our website, please click here.
More opportunities to support VLSC!
If you were not able to attend our event, there are still ways to get involved.
- Make a donation to VLSC using our secure website, or
- Become a volunteer by contacting Elizabeth Hom, VLSC Managing Attorney, at email@example.com or 510-302-2216.
Congratulations again to our award recipients!
Volunteer of the Year
Ann Nhieu T. Nguyen - Phan, Nguyen & Associates
Selwyn D. Whitehead - Law Offices of Selwyn D. Whitehead
Mentor of the Year
Gail E. Mitchell - Law Offices of Gail E. Mitchell
Pro Bono Leadership Award
Judge Thelton E. Henderson - United States District Court Northern District of California
Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Service Recipients
Joel Ackerman *
Michael Brodie †
Nikki Clark *
Brian Doucette †
Summer Nastich †
Matthew Quiring †
Selwyn Whitehead *
* 75+ volunteer hours † 100+ volunteer hours
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS!
Guardians of Justice Sponsors
- James and Carol Brosnahan and Morrison Foerster LLP
- Law Offices of Joseph W. Campbell
- William H. Du Bois and Kevin Ikuma
- Elkington Law
- Fitzgerald Abbott & Beardsley LLP
- Hanson Bridgett LLP
- Kazan, McClain, Lyons, Greenwood & Harley
- Keker & Van Nest LLP
- Roisman Henel LLP
- Bingham Osborn & Scarborough LLC
- AT&T Services Inc.
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Burnham Brown
- Donahue Gallagher Woods LLP
- JAMS—The Resolution Experts
- Lombardi, Loper & Conant, LLP
- Continuing Education of the Bar—California
- Esquire Deposition Solutions
- Meyers Nave
- Reed Smith LLP
- Wendel Rosen Black & Dean LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- The Law Offices of John L. Burris
- Ericksen Arbuthnot
- Frassetto Herbert LLP
- Gwilliam, Ivary, Chiosso, Cavalli & Brewer
- Harrington Group
- Hereford Kerley LLP
- Jack London Square Ventures LLC
- Kornfield, Nyberg, Bendes & Kuhner
- SymbioSystems, LLC
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw
- Law Offices of Selwyn D. Whitehead
James and Carol Brosnahan and
Morrison Foerster LLP
William H. Du Bois and