Be Well Here
The ACBA is committed to sharing resources available to the legal community to treat the whole individual. The legal profession can be brutal, and a work/life balance is crucial for a successful sustained career. Please check out the resources below that we’ve compiled.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
- Watch the CA State Bar video series “Lawyer Assistance Program Experience.” and part two
- The Lawyer Assistance Program provides confidential rehabilitation support for attorneys dealing with substance abuse or mental illness. Professional help is also available to attorneys suffering from stress, burnout, depression or chemical dependency. Call 877-LAP 4 HELP (877-527-4435).
- Self-Assessment tests:
- Wellness Guide for Senior Lawyers and their Families, Friends and Colleagues.
- Getting help when you need it
- Resources on health and aging
- Lawyer’s LifeRing www.lifering.org
- The Other Bar www.otherbar.org
- Well-Being Toolkit for Lawyers and Legal Employers
- Survival Skill No. 1 for Lawyers: Emotional Resilience
- Well-Being Template for Legal Employers