National, State, and County Bar Associations

If you live outside of Alameda County and are looking for an attorney, you should contact the bar association in your county. 

American Bar Association
State Bar of California
Bar Association of San Francisco
Contra Costa County Bar Association
Marin County Bar Association
San Mateo County Bar Association
Santa Clara County Bar Association
Bar Associations in Other California Counties

Local Information

California Court Information
Alameda County's Official Website
Contra Costa County's Official Website:
San Francisco's Official Website
Santa Clara County's Official Website
Marin County's Official Website
Alameda County Law Library

Superior Courts

Alameda County Superior Court
Contra Costa County Superior Court
San Francisco County Superior Court
San Mateo Superior Court
Santa Clara County Superior Court
Marin County Superior Court

Appellate Courts

District Court of Appeal, First District
Supreme Court of California

Federal Courts

U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Nothern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California
Federal Public Defender for the Northern District of California

Public Sector Attorneys

Alameda County District Attorney's Office
Alameda County Public Defender's Office
Alamda County Office of County Counsel

Legal Services Agencies

The following agencies are recipients of the State Bar of California's Legal Services Trust Fund Program operating within Alameda County. For comprehensive information about legal services provides throughout the state of California, please visit

Bay Area Legal Aid
California Indian Legal Services
Centro Legal de la Raza
Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
East Bay Community Law Center
Family Violence Law Center
Homeless Action Center
Impact Fund
Insight Center
Legal Assistance for Seniors
National Center for Youth Law


To file a complaint for predatory immigration practices with the State Bar of California, click here
To file a complaint for predatory immigration practices with the US Department of Justice, click here